Here I sit.
On the quest for purpose that is my 20’s.
And let me tell you. It feels ridiculous. My friends all think I’m kinda crazy right now and quite honestly I don’t blame them. I’m moving to a new (relatively new) city. I’m applying for these jobs in fields that I have never worked and I run. A lot of running has happened in the last couple weeks. I wake up every single day feeling lost and overwhelmed with anxiety.
So, I’m going to let you in on some tricks that have helped save my sanity.
- Do something on a whim. You woke up today and want to go to Europe? Start planning the trip. Want some froyo? Treat yourself.
- Read a book or magazine. You never know what you might learn!
- Exercise. This is key when you are in a slump. You will always feel better and more motivated after you work out. I promise. Even if it’s something as simple as going for a short walk.
- Don’t eat the whole carton of ice cream. You don’t need the whole container of Ben and Jerry’s Cookie Dough. Not worth the stomach ache.
- Make time for friends and family. This is nonnegotiable. This is your support system. They hold up when you fall. Don’t ever cut them out.
I’m not even close to knowing what my purpose is. Or if I even have one. All I know for now is that I’m surrounded by amazing friends and family. I love being outdoors. Kayaking is my guilty pleasure. Strawberries and creme froyo is everything you could ever imagine in life. But I will be here. Working towards that every single day. And I want you to know that if you need anything, or somebody to talk to, I’m here. No matter what kind of crisis you are having.